NBR Developers
  • more-arrow-down
    • Please wait while loading other cities loading...

Developers dangle 20:80 carrot to woo home buyers

  • No. 1 Property Portal in India
  • Over 25 Lakhs Apartments and More
  • Post Free Residential Properties in India
  • Find Property in Bangalore
  • Buy/Sell/Rent Apartments in India
  • Search Latest Residential Property in India
  • Get Free Alerts on Property Requirements
  • Find Agents/Buyers for your Property
This festival season, mid-sized developers are betting their last penny on the 20:80 scheme to beat the slowdown in the real estate business. The scheme, also known as the ‘subvention scheme’, is emerging as a popular marketing tool, as the buyer has to pay only 20 per cent upfront, while the remaining 80 per cent is paid at the time of possession. Interest subvention schemes are a modified form of financing home loans and have been part of residential real estate over the last few years. Under this scheme, a buyer of an ‘under construction’ piece of property is not required to pay monthly EMIs for a defined time-frame, or until he takes possession. In pockets such as Delhi-NCR, Bangalore and Navi Mumbai, where demand for residential space is slowing, developers are opting for this scheme to attract buyers.
ADEQUATE LIQUIDITY For cash-strapped developers, the 20 per cent upfront payment gives them adequate liquidity. And there is pressure to execute the project quickly. The remaining 80 per cent is funded by the bank, which creates a bipartite escrow account that keeps disbursing the funds as the project progresses. Such schemes are popular in the Rs 25-65 lakh segment. “In our opinion, it is not a good scheme for developers as there is pressure to execute the project fast. But it is highly favourable for consumers as they can expect a saving of Rs 2-3 lakh on interest cost,” Kumar Bharat, Director, BCC Infrastructures, Bharat City, said.
MID-PRICED SEGMENT The company has such a scheme in the mid-priced segment. Such players as Indiabulls in Gurgaon and Nirmal Lifestyle are also offering such schemes. Property service firm DTZ points that eight to ten banks have forayed into the subvention scheme. “Till recently, the facility was largely provided by NBFCs such as Indiabulls Finance, DHFL, etc. However, a few banks have now forayed into subvention scheme plans,” it said. Samarjit Singh, MD, Indiahomes, a property broking firm points out that at least 200 developers across the country are taking advantage of the scheme.
TIE-UP WITH BANKS “A lot depends on the developer’s tie-up with banks and financial institutions. If the developer has a good credit history, banks fund the project. Also, banks restrain their exposure to Grade A properties and reputed developers,” he said. However, not all developers are keen on the scheme. “There is an element of uncertainty as not all projects get completed on time. To mitigate such risks, developers offer the scheme only when at least 20 per cent of the project is completed,” Ravi Saund, COO, CHD Developers said. A Jones Lang LaSalle report notes that the Indian residential property market is behaving like a pendulum. Sale velocity has been rising and falling over the last two or three quarters, and capital values are going up because of increased input costs.
Source: The Hindu Business Line

Property Listings

Apartments, Flats and Property for Sale in Bangalore

Sep 21, 2016
http://www.mahaveerzephyr.contact-us-now.com Mahaveer Zephyr is a residential development of Mahaveer Group. It is located off Bannerghatta Road,..
Sep 16, 2016
http://www.salarpuriasattvaopus.contact-us-now.com Salarpuria Sattva Opus has pre- launched Bangalore a Premium Gated Community Residential..
Sep 14, 2016
Goyal Orchid Whitefield project is spread across 7 acres of land and it offers 1, 2, 2.5 & 3 BHK housing apartments with comfortable..
Sep 08, 2016
For Sale: Newly const. 2 bhk. Area: 1272 sft. Level: F/Floor Car Park: 1 slot. Price: 1.05 Cr. Incl. 1 Car park & deposits..
Aug 30, 2016
http://www.codenamefiverings.contact-us-now.com Codename five rings is brand new venture of developer, nicely instituted at Sarjapur in Bangalore,..
Aug 29, 2016
http://www.legacyestilo.contact-us-now.com Legacy Estilo Bangalore offers 1, 3 and 4 BHK apartments for buyers and consists of 58 units in all...
Aug 24, 2016
http://www.peninsulaheights.contact-us-now.com Peninsula Land is now in Bengaluru, with a luxurious gated residential complex “Peninsula..
Aug 22, 2016
http://www.legacycelino.contact-us-now.com Legacy Celino is located in Thanisandra, Hebbal to Airport in Bangalore. Legacy Celino is currently a..
Aug 16, 2016
Bhadra Legacy is a modern luxurious living space at a premium location of Bangalore, MG Road. The 19 super luxurious apartments offers a..
Aug 11, 2016
http://www.godrej17.contact-us-now.com Godrej 17 brings to the market a wide range of apartments for families of all sizes at an affordable price..

Apartments, Flats and Property for Rent in Bangalore

Sep 16, 2016
Fully furnished Flat for Rent at Cookes Town ( Lloyd Road) 3 BHK with Car Parking, Lift, Power Back up, 24hrs water, Good Location with all..
Jul 25, 2016
The House available for Rent is in the First floor The locality of house is Near Koramangala and Outer Ring Road House No. 12, 19thA Cross, Near..
Jul 02, 2016
Flat for Rent at Cookes Town 2 BHK with car parking 24hrs water, Lift, Power Back up, Good Location with all Basic Fecilities. Rent0..
May 28, 2016
A spacious 3 Bedroom flat is available for Rent in Kadugodi, Bangalore. It is located on the 2 Floor. It has a covered area of 1650 Sq-ft. The..
May 24, 2016
2bhk ready to move closer too all basic needs closer to all IT CO. very good and safe..
May 02, 2016
Flat for Rent at M.G Road (Vittal Mallya Road ) 2 BHK Ground Floor Built up - 1340 sq feet, North Facing 24hrs water, Lift, Power back up, Good..
Apr 28, 2016
New Flat for Rent at Frazer Town 2 BHk with car parking Lift, power back up,24hrs water Good Location with all Basic Fecilities, Rent..
Apr 12, 2016
3bhk Pent House For Rent in Akme Ballet Apartment For 52k Call SAIF Size: 3BHK (2300sft) Area: Outer Ring Road, Dodda Nekundi, Bangalore Land..
Mar 19, 2016
Rs20000 / 2br - 1100m2 - 2 BHK house for rent (kundanhalli..
Mar 18, 2016
*SPACIOUS FLAT WITH EXCELLENT DAY LIGHT( NATURAL LIGHT) AND AIR CIRCULATION * Furnished with Sofa set, TV cabinet , Double bed , Exhaust Fans,..