About Madras High Court:
Madras High Court Complex:
Madras High Court built in the year 1862, in Indo-Sarascenic form of architecture, the court layout was prepared by J W Brassington and later it was taken over by famed architect Henry Irwin with the assistance of J H Stephens who completed the construction of the court. The Court was partially damaged during the First World War. The interiors of the court are a masterpiece work like painted ceilings and stained glass doors. The old lighthouse is situated within the court premises, but the structure is poorly maintained and requires immediate repair. The PIN Code of Madras High Court is 600104, which has been allotted by the Department of Posts. The High Court is bounded by two primary roads namely the Prakasham Road and Rajaji Road.
The formation of the Madras High Court took place with merging of the Supreme Court of Judicature and the Sudder Dewanny Adalat. The first Indian judge to sit in Madras High Court was Justice T. Muthuswamy Iyer. The Court presently consists of 53 judges who look after cases and petitions with regard to civil, criminal, writ and admiralty jurisdiction with Chief Justice M. Y. Iqbal heading the Bench.
For more information about Madras High Court, please refer to website link www.propertykhazana.com.