Commerce is the whole system of an economy that constitutes an environment for business. This is in contrast with business, the value-creating activities of an organization for profit. The system includes legal, economic, political, social, cultural, and technological systems that are in operation in any country. Thus, commerce is a system or an environment that affects the business prospects of an economy or a nation-state. We can also define it as a second component of business which includes all activities, functions and institutions involved in transferring goods from producers to consumer.
Commercial may refer to:1. Advertising, paid classified messages in newspapers, magazines, flyers, billboards, and paid announcements over radio and television to sell a product, item or service
a. Radio advertisement, paid announcements over the radio to sell a product, item or service
b. Television advertisement, paid announcements over the television to sell a product, item or service.
2. Commerce, a system of voluntary exchange of products and services to the market
Trade, the trading of something of economic value such as goods, services, information or money
3. Commercial agriculture, the large-scale production of crops for sale
4. Commercial bank, a type of bank specializing in checking accounts and short-term loans
5. Commercial broadcasting, the practice of airing radio and television advertisements for profit
6. Commercial district, a part of a city where the primary use of property is for business, commerce and trade
7. Commercial Drive, Vancouver, a roadway in the city of Vancouver
8. Commercial law, the legal regulations governing transactions and related matters in business, commerce and trade
9. Commercial software, a software that is licensed for a fee
10. Commercial Solutions, a company in Edmonton
11. Commercial Township, New Jersey, in Cumberland County, New Jersey
12. Commercial vehicle, a type of vehicle for hire to transport goods or passengers
13. Strictly Commercial, a compilation album by Frank Zappa.